sunnudagur, nóvember 01, 2009

Impromptu Series: Reykjavík Writing Workshop


Nýhilistinn, skáldið og kandamaðurinn Angela Rawlings býður öllum áhugasömum á annað Impromptu Series: Reykjavík Writing Workshop kvöld 27. október í JL- húsinu. [sjá kort hér]

Spontaneity meets creativity!

After the wild success of the first writing workshop on October 27, 2009, and in association with Nýhil, I invite you to join me for the next one.

I'm a Canadian writer currently living in Reykjavík while I research and write my next book. I have two more weeks' stay in this fine city, and would love to share some of my favourite writing exercises with enthusiastic folks.

Since 2003, I have run creative writing workshops. I favour non-traditional writing exercises and games that emphasize unleashing our inherent creativity, playing with language in unusual and boundary-expanding ways, and raising awareness around our writing habits and values.



I also perform frequently, and have an extensive background organizing events. The last few years I have run the Impromptu Series, where I arrange last-minute events (with usually 24 hours' notice). Impromptus have appeared in Canada and Belgium; this is the second time I offer an Impromptu in Iceland, and I would love to invite you to join me!

The first workshop featured automatic writing, erasure poetry, and collaborative cut-up exercises. This second workshop will feature a different selection of writing games. All are welcome to attend.

*** We'll be generating all new work, so feel no pressure to bring along texts you've already penned.
*** Any level of writing experience is welcome... whether you tend to only write grocery lists or if you've published three novels.
*** Please bring your favourite pen/pencil and paper.
*** Bring a drink/snack if you'd like.
*** Workshop is free, though donations are appreciated.

If you need directions or have any questions, feel free to ring me (angela) at 857-7342.

Engin ummæli: